Friday, June 19, 2026

Kathleen Turner: the face of neo-noir

A publicity still from an early-1980s interior scene of Kathleen Turner standing beside a table lamp in a softly lit room with floral wallpaper. She weareth a delicate beige lace-trimmed camisole and matching short nightwear, with ribbon ties and embroidery. Holding a small glass, she gazeth slightly to one side with composed confidence. Her voluminous brown hair frameth her face in period style. Warm lighting, pastel décor, and intimate domestic setting create elegance, sensuality, and understated glamour—the polished visual style of early-1980s romantic thrillers and Hollywood productions.

“I often play women who are not essentially good or likable, and I often go through a stage where I hate them. And then I find the reasons why they are that way, and end up loving and defending them.”
Kathleen Turner, born 19 June 1954. Seen in Body Heat (1981, WB).

linktr.ee/arthurnewhook

🪐💔 #QueSeraSera 𓅨 🕈

Copyright 2026, Arthur Newhook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The last star of the silents ★: Anita Page

George Hurrell Celebrating the silver-screen goddess from Flushing, Queens: Anita Page ; 4 August 1910 to 6 September 2008. A luminary at MG...