Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Quotables 17 April 2024: Marilyn Monroe reflecting on absurdity versus mundanity, genuine commitments versus deceit, the unjust perception of lesser intellect by bloody fools, and married women

Marilyn Monroe before she was 'Marilyn', circa 1946. Photo: Joseph Jasgur

If you don't love me at my worst, then you don't deserve me at my best’.

It's better being completely ridiculous than unbelievably boring’.

Promises are worse than lies. You don't just make them believe, you also make them hope’.

I didn't mind being thought of as dumb. I knew I wasn't’.

I have noticed... that men usually leave married women alone and are inclined to treat all wives with respect. This is no great credit to married women’.

Copyright 2024, Arthur Newhook. @Sunking278 and @FloydEtcetera on X, and at the same handles on FACEBOOK. MASTODON - @ArthurNewhook@mastodon.world, BLUESKY - @arthurnewhook.bsky.social, and @arthurnewhook on POST. DONATIONS GRATEFULLY ACCEPTED at https://tinyurl.com/ArthurNewhook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Born #OTD 1934: Shirley Horn

Shirley Horn, photographed by Keter Betts, circa 1961 In celebration of the life of the incomparable singer and pianist, Shirley Horn , a na...